Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Chapter 15 Page 11

Chapter 15 Page 11 - http://bit.ly/1KBkLpa


If it wasn't clear, right after Caldwell was blasted back into the rock he commented "I can't move!" I intended the reader to think that Cal just got winded or injured, but in truth it was his Stoneskin potion activating. This kind of potion doesn't coat the skin in stone right away, but waits for damage to occur first. It's kind of weak in that regard, since the first attack is not absorbed the user could easily die or take serious injury before the effect even occurs. That's low rank alchemy for you!

The style of Spellcross also changed on this page. The pace of updates up until this point... well, over the course of Spellcross' lifetime the interval between pages has risen and fallen. For the first 2 years I was highly consistent in posting 3 pages a week, with only one minor interruption I can remember. Then I took a three month hiatus, and since then life has been much busier for me. Working full time makes it very difficult to come home and pursue creative interests. So to that effect, I wanted to pare things back from my initial claim that Spellcross needed more visual fidelity. It's also become apparent to me that even with the quality being higher, I still haven't drawn in more viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment