Thursday, August 6, 2015

Ch14 11

Chapter 14 Page 11 - http://bit.ly/17hV7dr 

 Ahh it's nice to be drawing action again. These kinds of pages are always my favorite to draw. Commentary may be sparse in these sorts of action pages, but I can at least default to talking about composition and such. One thing to consider in a page like this is when to apply speedlines, and when it's necessary to draw a background. In panel 3 there's a full background to set the scene of the action. In panel 4 immediately after, we have zero background with all speedlines. The last panel then has a mix, to give more depth to the vine reaching out to grab Briar's ankle. I don't generally sit and craft these angles very precisely, it's more like I have a clear image of how the action flows in my mind and pick the key "shots" to transfer into panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment